This is a salad recipe from my childhood! We used to enjoy it every holiday and never got tired of it, because it’s just so hearty and satisfying - slightly salty, slightly sweet, and altogether scrumptious.
Try Pre-Cooked Products
It is also easy to make if you choose to get everything pre-cooked, often sold at Whole Foods. You just have to do a little chopping. If you want to boil the veggies yourself, you are welcome to forgo the beetroot skin removal part, because that’s the only really annoying (for me anyway) part of the cooking!
Nutritious and Good for You!
DO try making it, it’s so nutritious too and good for digestion. Here is the complete recipe, (with no shortcuts):
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium beets
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 can green peas
- 1 cup baby pickles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Transfer beets to one pot and potatoes with carrots to another pot. Add enough water so that the veggies are covered with water. Cover both pots with a lid on medium heat. Leave to boil until tender.
- The boiling should take about 1 hour, check a few times and add hot water to a pot if necessary.
- Once the beets, carrots, potatoes are boiled, let them cool a little, peel their skin off as much as you can (no perfectionists here), and cut into small cubes.
- Drain and rinse a can of green peas.
- Cut pickles into small pieces.
- Mix all together with a tablespoon of olive oil. Serve cold!
Tag me on @GoBangles if you make it! Ideally while wearing Bangles😂 and let me know if you like it!
Have a fantastic day!
PS Have you seen my pancake recipe?? It's so gooooood.